JP Morgan Chase & Co. visited our faculty in the course of the sixth Semester to rent Full-Time Software program Engineers for the yr 2023.
Eligibility Standards: B.Tech/BE/MCA College students with >= 7 CGPA (till date) from CS/IT/Electronics and different circuital branches.
Hiring Course of (March – June 2022):
- Coding Spherical
- HireVue Interview
- Code for Good Hackathon
Spherical 1: Coding Spherical (March): It was performed on the HackerRank platform consisting of two coding questions for 60 minutes. The extent of questions was simple to medium and having grasp on DSA fundamentals will assist one simply clear this spherical.
Spherical 2: HireVue Interview (March): Everybody who clears the coding spherical will get an auto-generated mail from JP Morgan for the HireVue Interview invite inside just a few days. It’s performed on the HireVue Platform with a length of 30 minutes. On this spherical, two behavioral questions are requested. Questions will probably be flashed on the display screen and you’re imagined to document every of your solutions.
Be aware: You’ll be given a most of two makes an attempt to document your reply and a follow query as properly firstly to familiarize you with the format.
Questions requested have been:
- Narrate an incident the place you bought in battle together with your staff member in a undertaking and the way did you cope with it?
- The place do you see your self after 5 years?
- Attempt to be pure and fluent when talking, deal with it like a dialog highlighting your key qualities related to the query clearly and concisely.
- Costume formally in a disturbance-free background.
Spherical 3: Code for Good Hackathon 2022 (eleventh – twelfth June)
- It was a 24-hour hackathon performed on the Zoom Assembly platform and used platforms like Slack and BeMyApp for communication between JPMC and members.
- After HireVue Interview inside 40-45 days, an inventory of 35 shortlisted college students is shared who then take part within the Code for Good Hackathon(CFG).
- On this hackathon, you’re put in a staff of round 7-8 members from totally different faculties throughout the nation and varied NGOs current their downside statements to all of the groups.
- Don’t fear you’ll find out about your staff members round 2 days earlier than the hackathon, so might join and focus on which all applied sciences your staff as an entire is snug in.
- Lastly, your staff begins engaged on an issue assertion offered by one of many NGOs and implements an answer for a similar utilizing expertise.
- You shall be accompanied by two mentors in your zoom meet who will monitor your work all through the hackathon.
- In the course of the hackathon, they may name you in for a one-to-one interview which in my case lasted for about half-hour speaking about what I used to be engaged on, my present progress, and the logic of implementation.
- They requested me about among the initiatives in my resume and my curiosity in expertise usually. It was extra like a dialog than an Interview.
- We lastly accomplished our Implementation and submitted our undertaking code together with its demo earlier than the deadline.
- General, It was a beautiful expertise the place we discovered how one can work in a difficult atmosphere by collaborating with a staff and constructing an answer that promotes tech for good as part of CFG’s initiative.
Lastly, after about 40 days end result was declared, and 21 out of 35 college students have been chosen to affix the agency full-time for 2023 and I used to be considered one of them 🙂
Some common options and ideas:
- Be taught and have a good concept about both Internet/App Growth.
- Tasks have been normally made utilizing expertise stacks like React, Django, Flask & Flutter so a good suggestion about frontend/backend improvement utilizing both may very well be helpful for the CFG hackathon.
- Don’t fear in case your staff isn’t chosen for the finals, full-time provides are primarily based in your particular person efficiency so make sure that to offer your 100%.
- Earlier than CFG Hackathon varied workshops can be performed to make you accustomed to git, GitHub, and the format of the hackathon.
- In case you get caught throughout your hackathon with an issue you possibly can join with Topic Matter Specialists(SMEs) that will help you out.
- Learn GFG Archives as they enable you to get a good suggestion concerning the Actual Interview expertise.